Friday, November 30, 2012

Ten Thousand Hours

I watch American Idol and the X-Factor.  Some  mock people who do.  Well, mock on.

Some years back Carrie Underwood was on American Idol and I loved her.  I kept saying "How do you learn how to do this?"  She was a girl from a small town in Oklahoma.    Is it that you sing better than the other 56 kids in your school so you think "Gee, I'll go on American Idol.  I could win."

A lot of people do go from their living room to the stage and make fools of themselves.   But I'm talking about the people who "go from their living room" and stagger the audience with their talent and brilliance.

Here's the audition of Carly Rose Sonenclar, 13, from Westchester.  You look at it and say "How do you learn how to do this?"



You learn it the same way you learn anything.  You put in ten thousand hours of practice. 


No comments: